Increasing Process Efficiency, Conserving Energy, & Improving the Environment One Meter at a Time
Sage Metering is a manufacturer of high performance Thermal Mass Flow Meters which measure the flow rate and consumption of gases for multiple industrial and commercial applications. Frequently used for energy management systems to monitor and improve energy efficiency as well as for regulatory compliance in environmental systems including reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
Typical Applications include measurement and sub-metering of natural gas and compressed air for energy utilization and cost accounting within a facility. Measurement of combustion air flow can be used for improving efficiency in boilers and furnaces. Environmental reporting of Greenhouse Gases from combustion sources as well as measurement for carbon credits are frequently encountered.
Sage Prime HVAC Thermal Mass Flow Meter
The Sage Prime HVAC thermal mass flow meter measures natural gas flow rate and consumption in commercial, municipal, and industrial buildings, as well as school campuses, government facilities, hospitals, shopping centers and office buildings and complexes.
The Sage flow meters are ideal for submetering gas usage for billing or zone balancing, provide data to help reduce energy costs, for cost accounting and to aide combustion efficiency strategies for the boilers that produce steam for heating.
- Proprietary digital sensor drive circuit provides enhanced signal stability and improved temperature compensation
- Features In-Situ “Field Zero Calibration Check” of sensor’s performance – verifies that the sensor is clean, and assures that there is no drift, or shift in the flow meter
- Calibration milliwatts (mw) is continuously displayed, providing for ongoing diagnostics, and In-Situ calibration check
- High contrast photo-emissive display with numerical Flow Rate, Total and Temperature, as well as Graphical Flow Indicator
- Isolated 4-20 mA output
- Pulse Output
- Modbus® compliant RS485 RTU communications, BACnet pending.
- Rugged, user-friendly packaging with easy terminal access
- Choice of 115VAC/230VAC or 24VDC operation (12 VDC Optional for solar operation).
- Low Power dissipation, less than 2.5 Watts. Lowest power usage of any Thermal Mass Flow Meter.
- Powerful state-of-the-art microprocessor technology for high performance mass flow measurement and low cost-of-ownership
- Photocell activated Screen Saver to extend display life
- Remote Style has Lead-Length compensation. Transmitter can be remotely mounted up to 1000 feet from probe3
- Field reconfigurability via Addresser or Insight software
- Flow conditioning built into In-Line flow meters (1/2″ and up)
- Captive Flow Conditioners for Insertion meter applications, if required